Skip to content
Mud – Tips and Techniques
Offroading is fun. Mud is better.
Mudding tips and techniques
- Generally when mud is present on the driving surface it is the right time to your on demand or part time four wheel drive system.
- Shift the transmission to a low gear and shift the transfer case used to 4low if necessary.
- Don’t shift to a lower gear than necessary to maintain momentum.
- Over-revving the engine can spin the wheels and traction will be lost.
- If you begin to lose traction turn your steering wheel back and forth quickly. This will help the wheels bite into fresh terrain and pull you through.
- If traction is lost, stop. Wheel spinning will just dig you in deeper. Again the key is to maintain forward momentum.
Watch the video now…